This cottage manual is prepared to assist our guests during their stay. It includes the frequently asked items. For further assistance, please contact us on:
- (Preferred) Email: email@example.com
- Duty manager phone: 03 9028 8428
- Emergency after hours contact: 0416 119 451
We provide high chairs.
- At the Beach Club Cottage – a high chair is stored in the communal laundry, it is available on a first come first served basis among our staying guests.
The council’s rubbish collection is weekly on early Monday morning. We’d appreciate your assistance to push the bins to the curb side on Monday evening (or Sunday morning if you are checking out) and retrieve them on Tuesday evening.
Before you ask for assistance:
- Check the main circuit board, has any circuit breaker been tripped.
- Check the circuit breaker. For example, spills on the cooktop may trip the circuit breaker, it does that to protect you. If the circuit breaker is tripped, simply turn it back on. The circuit breaker is located at:
- Beach Club Cottage – inside the cottage, on the wall next to the bathroom door (see below picture).
Chromecast allows our guests to mirror their smartphone content to our TVs. To use Chromecast:
- Join the cottage’s Wifi network. The Wifi ID and password are given in the check in instructions. Our cottage has unlimited high speed NBN connections.
- From your smartphone, mirror to the corresponding source of your cottage.
- Select the HTMI source on the TV. They may be a few HTMI sources, go through each of them until you see the Chromecast screen.
Please do NOT disconnect our DVD players from our TVs and power outlet. Our DVD players were connected and tested to work.
Troubleshooting of the DVD player
Connection – Our DVD players use composite cables (Red, White and Yellow) to connect to the TVs. See the Sony connection guide, apply to all models used at our cottage. The pictures below shows the TV settings and cable connection at the Beach Club Cottage.
Operating Instructions – See the Sony Operating Instructions.